Questions to Ask Your Laser Eye Surgeon
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Choosing a Lasik Surgeon and other LASIK topics.
What types of questions should I ask my laser eye surgeon?
The-Lasik-Directory.com Tip: When selecting a laser eye surgeon, it is important to ask questions about the eye surgeon's experience and equipment. It is important to ask questions from both of these categories to ensure you are selecting the laser eye surgeon who is right for you. The surgeon you select should be well qualified and use state of the art equipment in the most safe and effective manner.
Some of the questions you should ask a laser eye surgeon related to his qualifications and level of experience include:
- How many laser eye surgeries have you performed?
- How long have you been performing laser eye surgeries?
- What type of training do you have?
- What is the success rate of your patients?
- Can you provide references from previous patients?
- Are the procedures you perform customized for each individual patient?
Some of the questions you should ask a laser eye surgeon related to his equipment include:
- What kind of laser do you use?
- How often is your laser calibrated?
- Is your microkeratome incisor changed after each patient?
In evaluating the answers to these questions, it is important to determine which laser eye surgeon provides you with answers which are not only accurate and honest, but also match well with your expectations for the procedure.